LEINTHALL STARKES ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING 2022
– will take place 6:30pm Wednesday 6th April, at Bridge House, Leinthall Starkes.
You are cordially invited to attend. A copy of the agenda is below.
If there are any matters that are not on the agenda that you wish to discuss or comment on under “Any other Business”, then you are welcome to do so.
If you are unable to attend, please feel free to submit a written comment on any of the agenda items, and your comments will be read out to the meeting.
Due to the pandemic no meeting was held in 2020, but in 2021 Wigmore Group Parish Council did arrange an annual meeting of Leinthall Starkes residents. However, it is my understanding that it was either very poorly attended or not attended at all. Consequently, this meeting will be considered as our first “proper” meeting since 2019.
As many of you already know, I stood down as Parish Councillor for Leinthall Starkes in March 2021, but as I was the chair at the 2019 meeting, I shall still introduce the first two items on the agenda, but then hand over to a new chairman, who will chair the rest of the meeting.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Alan Dowdy 01568 770121. email@example.com
- Brief introduction from the new Parish Councillors for Leinthall Starkes: David Warner and John Williams
- Selection of new chairman and secretary: David Warner has indicated that he is willing to stand as chairman
- Record of attendance and apologies for absence
- Minutes of last meeting (May 2019): available on the Wigmore Group Parish Council website – will be read out at the meeting if required
- Financial report
- Church matters: Church report, including (a) Church and churchyard maintenance, (b) Upcoming church services, (c) fundraising
- Social events: The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, Village Barbecue
- Village Green maintenance: update on council position
- Village and churchyard tidy: measure support and agree dates
- Traffic regulations: discussion of speed restrictions
- Marlbrook Lane: observations on condition
- Village phone box: options (maintenance, use, disposal)
- Any other business