Wigmore Group Parish Council
Councillors are summoned to join the scheduled Parish Council Meeting on
Monday 13 December 2021 at 7.00pm at Wigmore Village Hall
The Press & Public are cordially invited to attend.
1. Apologies. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To receive Declarations of interests and written requests for dispensations.
3. Open Session
3.1. To receive report from Ward Cllr Carole Gandy
3.2. To receive views of residents on parish matters
3.3. To receive reports from Working Groups (not relating to items on tonight’s Agenda)
3.4. To receive updates from Councillors
4. Minutes. To approve minutes of the scheduled meeting 8 November and extraordinary meeting 29 November 2021.
5.1. To consider frequency of emptying Dog Waste Bin @ £25 per visit and instruct Clerk to arrange.
5.2. To note payment to The Ink Spot Ludlow Ltd., Inv. K2974. 6 x signs listed as £36.00 in November should have read £43.20. £36 was the net figure.
5.3. To agree Countrywide Grounds Maintenance invoices for December to February 2022 be paid upon receipt.
5.4. To note balances and approve payments as in Appendix 1.
6. Planning To consider responses to applications to be determined by Herefordshire Council.
6.1. P214246/EN – Electricity Prior Approval. Aymestrey, Mortimer, Haven Farm Lower Lye Aymestrey Leominster Herefordshire HR6 9TA, Haven Farm Lower Lye Aymestrey Leominster Herefordshire HR6 9TA, Retrospective consent for an existing 1,000 volt overhead line which is at present providing supply to single user. This will allow for it to be used for a second supply., Valid Deadline 15 December.
6.2. P213931/XA2 – PP – Approval of details reserved by condition. Wigmore, Mortimer, Land at Pear Tree Farm Wigmore Herefordshire HR6 9UR, Land at Pear Tree Farm Wigmore Herefordshire HR6 9UR, Application for approval of details reserved by condition 9 attached to planning permission 201143, Valid. Not accepting comments.
6.3. P213880/XA2 – PP – Approval of details reserved by condition Pear Tree Farm A4110 From C1017 to Brinshope Lane Wigmore Leominster Herefordshire HR6 9UR, Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 (Plot 1),5 7 & 11 attached to planning permission 201143, Valid. Not accepting comments
7. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Wigmore Village Hall Community Centre Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). To consider rescinding the MOU signed in December 2020.
8. Working Groups. To consider recommendations and agree further action:
8.1. Bury Lane Playing Field.
8.1.1. To note dates of monthly inspections of play equipment. 11 November and 2 December.
8.1.2. To agree purchase of a double swing as part of phase one of the development.
8.1.3. To agree payment be made upon receipt of invoice. £8,652.30 net. £10,382.76 gross. A deposit invoice of 25% is expected.
8.1.4. To consider fencing, temporary or permanent, on eastern boundary.
8.2. Tree Warden.
8.2.1. To note condition of Oak tree reported to Herefordshire Council and request for Tree Preservation Order.
8.2.2. To consider delegating responsibility to the Clerk in conjunction with the Tree Warden for submitting Tree Preservation Order applications when considered urgent.
8.2.3. To consider (in relation to Tree Warden’s report dated 18 Nov 2021
(a) Cutting out damage to Ash tree at 1
(b) Leaving fallen Oak at 2 in place
(c) Requesting a Tree Preservation Order for Oak trees at 3 and 5
(d) Replanting in the gaps (consider different species for increased diversity)
(e) Removing selected trees where overcrowding is becoming a problem and/or
(f) Remove diseased Ash trees.
9. Closed Churchyard To consider removal of Ivy from vulnerable trees and whether task can be undertaken by the Volunteers Group.
10. Volunteers Group
10.1. To note Group Activity being arranged for Saturday 15 January 2022 10am at the Community Field car park.
10.2. To consider
(a) Purchase of 12 more ‘Slow Down’ signs – 2 of each design – cost (to be confirmed) approx £72 net.
(b) Purchase of replacement ‘temporary’ fence to protect newly planted hedge. 2 x 50m rolls approx £32.
(c) Hire of rotavator to prepare ground for hedge planting.
(d) Purchase of ‘scalpings’ to repair car park at Bury Lane Playing Field.
(e) Purchase of lawnmower for use in Leinthall Starkes.
11. Public Rights of Way
11.1. WQ6. To consider asking Herefordshire Council when the bridge will be repaired making the path safe to use.
11.2. WQ2. to consider putting up a way marker sign at the A4110 end of the path.
12. St James Church, Wigmore. To consider contacting the Diocesan Office to request an update on the long-term plans for the church, for the information of residents.
13. Highways. To consider contacting Herefordshire Council / Balfour Beatty about road conditions, in particular A4110 leaving Wigmore towards Aymestrey.
14. Defibrillator. To consider arranging training on use of the Defibrillator for members of public.
15. Streetlights. Standing item until completed.
15.1. To consider any action required to further arrangements for transferring responsibility of 10 streetlights from Wigmore Group Parish Council to Herefordshire Council.
15.2. To consider possible implications following damage to property from falling streetlight.
16. Consultation: Herefordshire Local Plan – pre consultation engagement. To consider responding to survey.
17. Information items, correspondence & training. To note and action, as necessary.
18. To raise matters for next scheduled meeting: Monday 10 January 2021.
A resolution will be passed to exclude the press and public from the following confidential item.
19. To consider a request for leave of absence until April 2022.
Mrs Maggie Brown, Clerk to the Council
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 07398 222 310 8 December 2021
Lloyds Bank Balance on 7 December 2021 £ 40,415.72
Ringfenced funds: Bury Lane Community & Playing Field: maintenance fund £ 188.25
Bury Lane Community & Playing Field: development fund £ 8,675.00
Election Fund £ 2,059.02
Traffic/Signage £ 3,000.00
Streetlights £ 2,000.00
Reserve Fund £ 7,500.00
General Revenue Reserve £ 5,988.72
TOTAL ringfenced £ 29,410.99
Un-ringfenced funds available: £ 11,004.73
Payments for approval. Amounts include VAT where applicable.
**Countrywide Grounds Maintenance Oct & Nov Invoices 199443 & 204039 £ 534.00
Wigmore Village Hall Inv 2020-19 for meeting 29 Nov £ 26.00
Clerk Payroll Month 8 £ 573.43
HMRC PAYE Month 8 £ 92.60
Clerk Expenses (£18.76 stationery; £11.70 mileage) £ 30.46
Total Payments £ 1,256.49
Un-ringfenced balance after November Payments £ 9,969.56
** part from ringfenced funds